Monday, August 07, 2006

What is Hard in Homeschooling?

People tend to believe that what is hard in homeschooling is time, money, certificate/diploma and difficult subjects.
These are what have been hard in our homeschooling:
- Unconditional love
loving the kid even though she couldn't convert kg to pound. Not expecting anything from her after all I've done.
- Believing the kid
I often forget the fact that everyone learns given the right environment. It's a continuing struggle not to force-fed her with materials for the sake of my own security.
- Accepting and respecting her stand
After all the things, I must be proud and supportive if one daylet's say she will say "mommy I want to be a tailor" or "I want tolive as a fisherman". I keep preparing myself for any possibilitiesand try to be proud that she finally find her moment of truth to make up her choice and not to be judgemental. It's difficult.
- Witnesing her failure
everyone makes a mistake but when it comes to your child you'll feel frustrated and angry. You always want to correct the mistake right away and preach them all day. This is the thing in my 'don't' list which I hope to remember everytime
- Not to be crazy for perfection
Homeschooling is not a happily ever after scenerio. I must tell myself all the time and be easy on imperfection.
- Being able to nurture her soul
forget about academic for a minute, above of all I want her to have a beautiful soul so she can be a fulfiled and happy person first then give what she has to others. And that she one day in her life may say: "my god given live is worth living". I don't know if I can do that knowing that as human I am imperfect.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home